It was a sleepy bedroom community just outside the city limits. Everyone knew everyone else. It was the sort of place where you never had to lock your doors, or worry about your children playing outside. It was a town where nothing bad ever happened. That is, until a series of gruesome incidences shook the town to its very core. Can the town recover from such violent offenses? Why are so many people in the town remaining silent? Can law enforcement catch a killer before it’s too late? This… is THE DETECTIVE.
Monsters, witches, ghosts, vampires, killer clowns, dolls that come to life… They’re all scary. Perfect for this time of year.
But do you know what’s scarier than that? Scarier than things that go bump in the night? Real life. The dark side of human nature. The deepest depths of despair. The hidden evils that lurk within humankind—our friends, our neighbors, our family, the guy that bags your groceries at the super market, the mailman, a total stranger. What are they capable of? What have they done? What might they do? Could one of them have done it?
While we sleep soundly at night, having fallen asleep while binging the Investigation Discover channel, the case files are piling up. You need something to keep you alert, up, moving—you’re tracking a killer!—but you need to take the edge off a bit—still tracking a killer. This cocktail does the trick. It’s like the classic Revolver cocktail but with a bit more of a kick to it by way of some strong coffee—you need the extra caffeine jolt. Don’t worry, though, you don’t have to be a hardboiled gumshoe to enjoy this. It drinks incredibly smooth despite being mostly bourbon and coffee (not traditionally things that I think of as drinking “smooth”). A little simple syrup helps soften the edges a bit without taking the edge of completely.
So go grab yourself some bourbon and coffee and shake up a drink while you sift through a mountain of mugshots. Don’t break the chain of custody, either—that screws stuff up every time.
And follow me on BLOGLOVIN’ (I said “follow”… not “stalk”, okay?) and maybe listen to a true crime podcast or something.
|1 or 4||10 minutes|
- 1/2 cup bourbon (Bulleit preferred)
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur (such as Kamora)
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee or espresso (something strong)
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 4 - 6 dashes orange bitters
- 1 ounces bourbon (Bulleit preferred)
- 1/2 ounce coffee liqueur (such as Kamora)
- 1 ounce brewed coffee or espresso (something strong)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 - 2 dashes orange bitters
- For one cocktail pour everything into a cocktail shaker, fill it with ice, shake it just 7 - 10 times and then strain into a tumbler over fresh ice. If you're making enough for four stir everything together in a pitcher and shake them individually in 3 ounce amounts and strain over ice.